I have installed ArcGIS Pro 2.5. but every time it is crashing/stop working when starting the app.

03-01-2020 05:41 PM
Alimrandoha
New Contributor II
0 Kudos
6 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

More details are needed.

Also, the "minimum" specs should be considered the absolute minimum to show a nice simple map.  If you are trying to do something advanced, the "recommended" should be considered the minimum.

Does it crash on start up?   (install is broken)

Does it crash when using all *.aprx 's?  (ditto)

Does it crash on one project?  (bad project or data)

It is only one tool?

etc etc

Alimrandoha
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply. it is crashing on start up. what think I need to do?. re download and install  it?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

You could try windows add/remove programs, select remove, then you will be given an option to "repair"

If that doesn't work, then there may be something with the installation.

If previous versions arcgis pro have been on the machine before, it is a good idea to remove them.

If that doesn't work, try a redownload

KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Do you have any add-ins installed that might be causing a conflict?  You might try the troubleshooting section here: Manage add-ins—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation 

Alimrandoha
New Contributor II

I have upgraded my windows7 PC to Windows 10 by deleting all personal settings... So there are no add-ins. Thanks

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Are you submitting the error reports with your email address?  More about that process here: ArcGIS Desktop Error Reporter Learns Its Manners 

Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\ESRI\ErrorReports and attach a few of the latest .dmp files from Pro crashing.  The filename contains a date-time stamp:

0 Kudos