How to turning off ArcGIS Pro offline mode?

Jump to solution
11-19-2014 12:09 PM
AndrewCallison
New Contributor III

I can't seem to figure out how to get myself out of offline mode. The Error Message keep telling me that I am in offline mode on some other device but this is the only computer I have signed in too.

I have both ArcGIS Desktop 10.2.1 and Pro on the same machine

OfflineError.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would contact your Esri Customer Service Rep. or Esri Support and have them tell you the name of the other machine.  If there is no other machine and this is a licensing quirk, they should be able to reset the license or something similar.  In terms of what you can do yourself without contacting Esri, not much in my past experience with similar issues.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
JoshuaBixby
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I would contact your Esri Customer Service Rep. or Esri Support and have them tell you the name of the other machine.  If there is no other machine and this is a licensing quirk, they should be able to reset the license or something similar.  In terms of what you can do yourself without contacting Esri, not much in my past experience with similar issues.

AndrewCallison
New Contributor III

Thanks you for the information.

0 Kudos
YovavZohar1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Andrew,

Did you get any support for this issue?

One of my colleges has encountered the same behavior in ArcGIS Pro Prerelease Update 2.

Did you have to tweak a registry value, or it  was only ESRI support side act (Reset of your organizational license)?

0 Kudos
TobiasFimpel1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Andrew. I'm also curious as to how you got it resolved. Can you share any info on this? Thanks!

0 Kudos
TravisBugg1
New Contributor III

I'm having the same problem. Pro crashes every time I attempt to open it, so I cannot even get to the offline setting. If I run as an administrator, then the program starts, but when I log in with my credentials, I get the "some other device" message. I'm effectively locked out completely. Did you get any information about the cause of the issue, or a solution?

0 Kudos
MathHeinzel
New Contributor II

I have a user in the same fix.  The other device was a library laptop checked out and now re-imaged, so not available.  I am the Organizational Account Administrator, and all the options for the user are grayed out, The account is locked out for 5 months!  I have submitted a support ticket to ESRI, will try to get backwith any solution they suggest.

MathHeinzel
New Contributor II

I contacted ESRI Tech support, apparently if a user is in this situation, ESRI has to Revoke their license, and it takes 2-3 business days before they can be reinstated.  Better than the 5 months, but still a hassle.  Since i can activate licenses, as Organizational administrator I'd like to be able to revoke them, too. 

TravisBugg
New Contributor

Well, I finally got to the bottom of the issue. It seems that in order to use Offline mode, the user must have admin rights on the computer. This may be mentioned somewhere in the documentation, but there is certainly no mention of this on the options page where you actually check the box. I feel like this should be advertised more prominently. Often times users in a corporate setting are not granted admin rights, and I can see this happening many times over to unsuspecting ArcPro users.

ESRI support was very helpful, though (big shout out to Bindeshwari!). The crashing stopped after I renamed the hidden ESRI_Licensing  folder in the local appdata folder, but in order to access my offline organizational account, the account had to be reset, which took a few days. In the meantime, I was able to create a trial account and use that.