How to turn off all pulsing-heartbeat and other animated effects in ArcGIS Pro?

11-16-2017 08:30 AM
JakubSisak
Occasional Contributor III

Every time i select a feature or edit or split a feature the selection appears to slowly pulse which is a new visual effect in Pro. The pulse effect takes way too long bordering on annoying which is especially cumbersome when splitting a feature to many parts as every part slowly pulses after the split operation completes.  The whole editing experience feels slower and non-responsive as a result.  Is there a way to turn off ALL such animated effects in Pro?  I attached a short video clip showing the effect.  

Tags (2)
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

How about putting in a call to remove the animated callouts at the top of the GeoNet pages at the same time they drive me nuts

0 Kudos
KoryKramer
Esri Community Moderator

Hi Jakub Sisak‌.  I realize this is an old post, but I ran across it so wanted to see if this behavior in ArcGIS Pro is still affecting your work.

From what I can tell, the flashing doesn't actually prevent me from continuing to work, but if this is still an issue you're seeing, you could submit it as an idea on ArcGIS Ideas‌.  So far, I haven't heard this mentioned by anybody else, but it would be good to get a gauge across the broader community.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
JakubSisak

It prevents users from instantly seeing results and thus delays workflow. While an fading in/out pulsing and other effects are executing it makes users momentarily "blind" so we have to wait for the flashy graphical to finish. Consequently, it makes the whole experience of using ArcGIS PRO which is overall much slower than the legacy ArcMap in almost every respect even slower.  Having the ability to turn ALL effects off would be great. I will put in an idea as you suggested. 

JakubSisak