Select to view content in your preferred language

How to select areas greater than 2500m2 in the shapefile?

Jump to solution
05-19-2024 08:23 PM
cskari
by
New Contributor III

Hi All,

I created a 1km fishnet grid that contains 806942 records. The attribute table of my fishnet Grid shapefile contains an "Area" column. I want to select all records greater than 2500m2 and make a separate shapefile. That means I want to delete minute polygons with less than 2500m2 areas in my shapefile. How can I do it in ArcGIS Pro?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MervynLotter
Regular Contributor

You should use the Select by Attributes GP tool to select all features smaller than 2500m2. Check the attribute table and map to make sure that only the smaller polygons were indeed selected. Then use the Delete Features GP tool to delete all the selected features. This tool should list the number of selected features and that only these will be deleted. 

You may want to first make a copy of your shapefile before doing this. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MervynLotter
Regular Contributor

You should use the Select by Attributes GP tool to select all features smaller than 2500m2. Check the attribute table and map to make sure that only the smaller polygons were indeed selected. Then use the Delete Features GP tool to delete all the selected features. This tool should list the number of selected features and that only these will be deleted. 

You may want to first make a copy of your shapefile before doing this. 

0 Kudos