How to order the display in pop-ups of multiple image attachments from a related table in Pro 2.8?

11-15-2021 05:24 AM
Labels (1)
CaseyS
by
New Contributor II

I am working on migrating ArcMap products to ArcGIS Pro Products. I have point features with a one to many relationship with a table of photos.

In ArcGIS Pro 2.8, Pop-ups are displaying multiple images from the related table of photos, but they are not in the order of the fields specifying the related data: Photo1, Photo2, Photo3, ... up to ...  Photo12. Order is important because it indicated the direction the camera was facing. They seem to be coming through in either descending order or random order. There does not seem to be a way to set the order in the configure pop-up that I can see. Is there a way to order these, so it starts with Photo1, Photo2, Photo3, in ascending order? Or is there now a better way to display images in order rather than pulling them out randomly of a related table?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
CaseyS
by
New Contributor II

Attachments in pop ups are displayed in descending date/time order i.e. most recent first. This change by Esri was to support inspection workflows. However, this broke functionality from ArcMap where attachments were displayed in name order. Attachment order for our purposes indicated the direction of the image, for a series 1st photo was north, and rotating around the compass we capture one for east, south, and west. For surveyors who have been doing this for years, they now will have to reverse the order of picture capture and start facing west, to create the series in the order specified by requirements. 

Really need a way to specify order of attachments in PopUps as either by file date or file name.