Select to view content in your preferred language

How to move anchor points for leader lines of text elements in Layout view of ArcPro?

Jump to solution
12-08-2023 04:09 PM
Labels (1)
MelissaSlaterLafayetteCo
New Contributor II

I have a layout in ArcPro with 100+ text elements (on the layout frame NOT on the map). I want to shift all the labels over 1 inch but the anchor points of the leader lines on the text DO NOT MOVE! How do I select and move ALL the text AND anchor points in the layout? So far, the only way I've found is to move 100+ anchor points individually! There has to be another/better way! Please help!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RonaldHaug
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Melissa, You can make all your text items a group, and then move them as a single unit.

How you do it: highlight all the text items in the contents pane, then right click and click on "group".

Now you can move them as a single item on your layout. Need to change something in one of the items, highlight the group and click "ungroup".

Works for me. Hope it works for you. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RonaldHaug
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Melissa, You can make all your text items a group, and then move them as a single unit.

How you do it: highlight all the text items in the contents pane, then right click and click on "group".

Now you can move them as a single item on your layout. Need to change something in one of the items, highlight the group and click "ungroup".

Works for me. Hope it works for you. 🙂

MelissaSlaterLafayetteCo
New Contributor II

Thanks Ronald, but unfortunately grouping does not work. The anchor points still remain fixed, so the group move just stretches the leader line.

Any other thoughts are greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
MelissaSlaterLafayetteCo
New Contributor II

Also, these were inserted on the layout view using the Graphics and Text function but the preserve Aspect Ratio button on the text element symbol placement is missing! 

0 Kudos