How to merge 2 vertices?

Jump to solution
04-21-2021 12:59 PM
Labels (1)
Skrap98
New Contributor

Hello people, basically the titles says everything. I am currently creating an shp file of a road. Since i am basically recreating an already existing map of Rally, i found out that i made a mistake so i deleted some parts of the road, ending up with this. I am not yet familiar with the software but i am sure the solution is right in front of me and i just cant see it.

arc.JPG

Basically i want the merge these 2 vertices into 2, ultimately connecting the 2 parts of the road as one. These 2 parts of course belong to the same layer.

 Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Starting with a multipart line:

jcarlson_0-1619039028768.png

Just drag one vertex onto the other in the edit vertices  tool (turn on snapping for this) and apply the edit.

When you look at the vertices again, you'll see the line is now singlepart.

jcarlson_1-1619039143770.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Extend or trim a polyline feature—ArcGIS Pro | Documentation

Extend would be the choice

... sort of retired...
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Starting with a multipart line:

jcarlson_0-1619039028768.png

Just drag one vertex onto the other in the edit vertices  tool (turn on snapping for this) and apply the edit.

When you look at the vertices again, you'll see the line is now singlepart.

jcarlson_1-1619039143770.png

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Skrap98
New Contributor

While the other awnser was also helpful. Your awnser mr carlson was EXACTLY what i was looking for. Thank you so much! Have a good day and happy easter! It was really easy as expected and in front of my eyes, also as expected 😂  I think it should have been more clear though from a UI prespective. There should have been a tool named ''Merge Vertices'' like there is in Blender for example. Snapping usually refers to a different tool. But anyway, thanks again to both of you! 😃

0 Kudos