How to get hot keys to work in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
07-17-2019 12:58 PM
JerryHuey
New Contributor II

I'm trying to get hot keys to work in ArcGIS Pro. I go to Options to assign the accelerators. Everytime I go to the editing window of Pro, the hotkeys won't work. When I go back to the accelerators, the hot keys aren't assigned, as if it never registered the key binds I made. 

Is this a software issue or user error? Is there a different way to get it to work?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jerry,

For now, it looks like you'll need to continue to use a combination of keys if you want to use Function keys, like SHIFT+F13. I've notified the team and they are looking into the behavior. If I learn anything new, I'll update you here.

Thanks,

Scott

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jerry,

You're hitting the Assign button, right?

If so, and the accelerator is still not working, what command and keyboard combination are you trying to set? I'll test the same thing on my end. So far, I'm not reproducing the issue.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
JerryHuey
New Contributor II

I have clicked on Assign. I'm trying to bind the F13 - F24 keys. The keyboard that I'm currently using supports those keys and ArcGIS Pro detects that these are the right key numbers. 

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

I'm not sure if Function keys can be used as accelerators, I will try to find out, but did you try something like SHIFT+F13?

JerryHuey
New Contributor II

I have just done that now, and it seems to work so long as there is a key before F13 - F24. Is there a way to change that so that I won't need to have the extra key? F2-F12 seems to work fine as standalone hotkeys

0 Kudos
Scott_Harris
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Jerry,

For now, it looks like you'll need to continue to use a combination of keys if you want to use Function keys, like SHIFT+F13. I've notified the team and they are looking into the behavior. If I learn anything new, I'll update you here.

Thanks,

Scott

PeteJordan
Occasional Contributor III

I was using them before I updated to 2.4.1, but after that it allows me to accept the hotkeys using the "Assign" button in 2.4.1, but it won't save them.  Unlike the blocked keys such as "Home" or a single letter that won't even allow you to attempt to assign it, the F-keys do allow it to be assigned, just won't save now since I've update the version.

Keeping this bookmarked for any future fixes...

0 Kudos
paleothalweg
New Contributor

I'm still having this issue with 3.1.2, have there been any fixes?

0 Kudos
EricSmith4
New Contributor

With ArcMap being phased out, it would be really nice if we could get such simple but substantial quality of life fixes working. But as yet, it's still seemingly unaddressed 5 years in.

0 Kudos