Select to view content in your preferred language

How to export local scene as DEM for 3rd party software

02-24-2024 08:07 AM
Ulm
by
New Contributor

I working in ArcGIS pro. I have a Local Scene with 3D and 2D layers as well as the WorldElevation3D elevation surface. It is bounded as I wish. I have 3rd party software that requires a DEM (*.Tiff : DEM 64Bit, 32Bit, or 16Bit ((Tiled + Not Tiled),(Compressed + Not Compressed)).
I have tried to export a GEOTiff both from the Local Scene and from a map generated from the Local Scene (so tif with and without "write word file"), but these exported files are seen as just raster files, not DEMs in my 3rd party software. I do not know how to properly export a DEM for import.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MErikReedAugusta
Occasional Contributor III

If I can ask, what's the third-party software?

I've done similar export/import work in non-GIS disciplines in the past, and sometimes the fault is in the formatting used by the software that originates the file, and sometimes the fault is in the formatting expected by the receiving software.

And I've seen that happen even where the extension & formatting should have been the same on both sides, but one of them wasn't following the spec the same way.

0 Kudos
Ulm
by
New Contributor

Thank you for responding!
Oh I see what you mean, and this could be such a situation. This is software to bring GIS data into the Unity game engine for various uses -- this is not the arcgis sdk though. I just want to make sure I am doing my part correctly (in exporting), as I am quite new to arcgis pro.

0 Kudos