How to experiment use different kind of levels for Pyramids ?

06-17-2022 09:04 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Have a question about this.. Since I no longer using Agisoft Metashape to process orthophotos and orthomosaic , I have since return to ArcGIS Pro using Georeference to process.

I tried ERDAS' Autosync and it is a lot of work to go through but what I am seeing is that when it create a ortho and I see it produce this ? I wonder why ArcGIS Pro doesn't 

Screenshot :   This photo is from ERDAS and it has Level 8;resampling; Nearest Neighbor.Screenshot 2022-06-17 094955.png

But when I worked on these photos and a different photo :

Screenshot 2022-06-17 095407.png

Is there a way around for me to do an experiment on different levels such as 6 or 8 ??

It seems that the level 8 makes the photo smoother and the other seem to look rough ?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

You can just press the "Build" button to the right of your red box, and put as many levels as you want (up to 29).

Also, that looks like continuous data (imagery), which will produce better results (not so rough) if you choose Bilinear as the resample method.

Same goes for displaying in Pro/Map, a lot of times the roughness goes away when you set Resampling Type under Appearance tab to Bilinear.

R_