How to display the version of the ArcGIS Pro on the title bar?

03-18-2019 01:33 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

How to display the version of the ArcGIS Pro on the title bar?

I couldn’t figure out if there is a way to show the version of the ArcGIS Pro on the title bar. I have already reported this in the ideas section

https://community.esri.com/ideas/14268-displaying-the-arcgis-pro-version-in-the-title-bar

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

stroll over to the project backstage... you don't have to look at it all day.  A quick check every 4 months or so should suffice, and there is less clutter and noise on the main stage.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Having this short number on the title bar will cost nothing!

i have already reported this in the idea section and fortunately, Kory from esri liked it!

--------------------------

Well…at our work environment, we do use screenshots when report issues. Basic question like which version we use is very common. This could be eliminated by this.

Second, we do also take screenshots in order to document steps to perform some work. After years, we got lost when we follow these screenshots as they refer to different version (10.1, 10.2, 10.3, 10.4, 10.5, 10.5.1, 10.6). Showing the version resolves such confusion.

These are just few examples! But I see no one single disadvantage for displaying the version. Is there any?

--------------------------

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I use SnagIt (www.techsmith.com) to document on screenshots as well as just writing the version number in the writeup.  There is not advantage or disadvantage, just different needs.  I dont need clutter, you don't mind it

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

This is why I do encourage having such features (showing software version) to be at least optional such that one can choose what really fits the work

Jamal Numan
0 Kudos