How to Define Data Source Vertical Units

Jump to solution
01-16-2018 10:23 AM
PaulCote
New Contributor III

I have a multipatch layer, which I created form some 3d studio files.  All Z units are feet, andf the XY coordinate system is State Plane Feet.  So far so good.

Adding this as a layer to a 3D scene in ArcfGIS Pro 2.01, the Source Coordinate system lists the spatial reference correctly: Feet.  In the same Layer>Source view, the "Data Source Vertical Units" are listed as Meters.  

To get the layer to look right, I can over-ride this in the Layer Elevation Properties.  Which is what I normally do..  My problem nos is that the layer can't be edited unless the Elevation Units and the Data Source Vertical units are the same.

So my question is:  is it possible for a user to change or fix the Data Source Vertical Units?

Thanks

--pbc

Screenshot

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PaulCote
New Contributor III

I answered my own question:  This property is set in the Vertical Coordinate System Clause of the Define Projection tool.  Or in my case, when creating the feature class that my new multi[patches are appended into.

Thank you very much

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PaulCote
New Contributor III

I answered my own question:  This property is set in the Vertical Coordinate System Clause of the Define Projection tool.  Or in my case, when creating the feature class that my new multi[patches are appended into.

Thank you very much

0 Kudos