Select to view content in your preferred language

How to create a horizontal legend in ArcPro 3.1?

Jump to solution
03-13-2023 09:13 AM
Labels (1)
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

All,

A colleague has created the following legend in ArcPro from a polygon dataset using unique values, so this is not a raster colour ramp. We simply turned off border display and change a legend property to reduce the gaps between the patches to zero.

DuncanHornby_0-1678723338173.png

But the client wants the symbology to be horizontal, here is a crude cut example by me using MS paint of what they want:

DuncanHornby_1-1678723638395.png

I can't work out for the life of me how one rotates the items in the legend to be horizontal, any carto experts out there with a killer solution?

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

Here we go: with the legend item selected in the legend portion of the TOC, there's a dropdown on the element pane for 'type':

rburke_0-1678743487576.png

I just tested this out with both unique & graduated symbology and it worked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

partial solution since I rarely make maps

rotate the legend

set the spacing between class to 0 pt

layout.pnglayout2.png

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

I thought they added horizontal legends in 3.1? If not, I've converted to graphics in the past and gone from there; not ideal, but it usually works fine.

0 Kudos
wayfaringrob
Frequent Contributor II

Here we go: with the legend item selected in the legend portion of the TOC, there's a dropdown on the element pane for 'type':

rburke_0-1678743487576.png

I just tested this out with both unique & graduated symbology and it worked.

DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor

Ahhhh! I did not have the layer selected in the legend in the TOC, so that option did not appear.

Nice one, thank you so much! Here is a well deserved virtual 🍺.