Select to view content in your preferred language

How to convert Arcsde into File geodatabase ?

Jump to solution
06-05-2023 12:06 PM
spiderman90
Occasional Contributor

Hello ,

I would like to convert Arcsde into File geodatabase.

How could I achieve it ? 
2. is there a method to export only one specific feature dataset from Arcsde into File geodatabase .

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So the fastest and easiest way to convert Enterprise GDB (ArcSDE) feature classes and feature datasets to a file geodatabase format is just do a copy/paste from the eGDB to the fGDB.  Or a drag and drop works just as easy.  You can do all of this in the Catalog Pane in ArcGIS Pro.  Presuming you have a *.sde connection file to the eGDB already built in the Catalog Pane or can create one from scratch.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

So the fastest and easiest way to convert Enterprise GDB (ArcSDE) feature classes and feature datasets to a file geodatabase format is just do a copy/paste from the eGDB to the fGDB.  Or a drag and drop works just as easy.  You can do all of this in the Catalog Pane in ArcGIS Pro.  Presuming you have a *.sde connection file to the eGDB already built in the Catalog Pane or can create one from scratch.

0 Kudos
spiderman90
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for reply ,

How to create sde connection file from scratch ?

Arcsde is working on arcmap ,but I have license for ArcGis pro .

So will Arcsde work  on ArcGis pro as arcmap without any issues ?

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Yes, your ArcSDE databases (now called Enterprise Geodatabases) will work fine with ArcGIS Pro.  Likely your *.sde files are stored in your C:\Users\<user_profile>\AppData\Roaming\Esri\Desktop10.8\ArcCatalog, so in the Catalog Pane in ArcGIS Pro, right-click Databases and click Add Databases.  This will bring in your existing *.sde connections to an ArcGIS Pro project.  You also navigate in a Windows File Explorer window and drag/drop them into the Databases folder in  ArcGIS Pro.  These are the supported database formats in ArcGIS Pro.  You'd want to check to make sure the RDBMS release number is supported in ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos