How to change the rotation of an axis label in a chart?

03-07-2020 10:21 AM
FatihSarıyüz
New Contributor

I want to change the rotation of an axis label in a chart in Arcgis pro 2.5 but i couldn't find any function to do this in charts options. I can do this in Arcgis desktop 10.8. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
FloraVale
Esri Contributor

Hi Fatih Sarıyüz ,

Currently we do not have axis label rotation options in Pro, but we are planning to add them in a future release.

How were you hoping to rotate your labels? At an angle?

Thank you for the question! Your feedback is important to us and helps us improve,

Flora

FatihSarıyüz
New Contributor

Hi Flora,

I just want to rotate the x-axis labels, which is in time format, to 90 degrees since they are not visible in the standard horizontal format. They look cramped in the horizontal format.

Many other settings in advanced setting options in ArcGIS Desktop is absent in ArcGIS Pro Chart Settings.

On the other hand, the new Guide Line option in Charts of ArcGIS Pro is very useful but that would be way better if we could add multi Guide Lines at once according to the values from a table column. Adding guidelines one by one is very cumbersome.

Thank you very much. Waiting for a new release soon.

DAVIDWADSWORTH_LVVWD
New Contributor III

I also have this issue. I would prefer to drop the angled label. An x axis label that is perpendicular (like with stationing) or horizontal is preferred. 

I am going to make my own chart with matplotlib and copy it in to the layout as an image. 

0 Kudos