How to add points from one feature layer to another without overwriting features that are there?

Jump to solution
09-27-2021 01:21 PM
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

Looking for a geoprocessing tool to add several points from one layer to another without overwriting any of the points in the copy to table.  Basically extracting points from a kmz and would like to convert them to a point within an existing feature layer without having to drop new points over top of them.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@APaulsen sorry but im struggling to understand your requirements here. Are you saying that you're trying to extract points from a KMZ point layer and then append them to an existing feature class in ArcGIS Pro?  Why would you expect the points to overwrite those in the existing FC? That's what append is for. 

David
..Maps with no limits..

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@APaulsen sorry but im struggling to understand your requirements here. Are you saying that you're trying to extract points from a KMZ point layer and then append them to an existing feature class in ArcGIS Pro?  Why would you expect the points to overwrite those in the existing FC? That's what append is for. 

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
APaulsen
Occasional Contributor

I have not used Append for this before, only after I Truncate prior and overwrite with a copy or new dataset.  Tried this to a copied feature and what I was after.  Thanks.

0 Kudos