Select to view content in your preferred language

How To Add Dynamic Images Within A Map Series?

Jump to solution
07-09-2021 08:22 AM
DaveK
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello, 

I have a point layer within my map that I would like to turn into a map series that focuses on each point. The point layer contains related images that I would like to display within the map layout. Is it possible to include these image attachments within the map layout? When I add an image to my current map series, the dynamic image section seems to be grayed out. 

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi!

As long as you have a spatial map series set up on your layout the dynamic option should be enabled. It make look slightly confusing because the box remains greyed out until you pick the Dynamic radio button. 

AubriKinghorn_0-1625846454830.png

Bookmark map series, and layouts without a map series, don't support dynamic pictures so the option is greyed out.

Hopefully this helps! 

Cheers,
Aubri

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AubriKinghorn
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi!

As long as you have a spatial map series set up on your layout the dynamic option should be enabled. It make look slightly confusing because the box remains greyed out until you pick the Dynamic radio button. 

AubriKinghorn_0-1625846454830.png

Bookmark map series, and layouts without a map series, don't support dynamic pictures so the option is greyed out.

Hopefully this helps! 

Cheers,
Aubri
JeanneMcSloy1
New Contributor

How are dynamic images meant to be used, then, if not in a map series? Can you suggest a work-around? Or alternatively,  is there a way to create a dynamic Profile Graph series? I have a map series showing different pools along a river channel and need to show the profile graph for each pool in the series, which I was trying to do via dynamic images. I created a line shapefile containing the path of the line(s) needed for each individual profile graph.

0 Kudos