How to add data from ArcGIS Online to ArcGIS Pro?

Jump to solution
12-04-2015 06:30 AM
AndrewRudin
Occasional Contributor III

Hello, I'm just getting started with ArcGIS Pro.  I wanted to add some of the popular hosted data on ArcGIS Online to a map to start playing with it, however I can't seem to find a "Add data from ArcGIS Online" type button anywhere in ArcGIS Pro like there was in ArcMap.  Am I missing something?  I'm logged in with my organization account.  As far as an example, I wanted to play with the Landsat 8 data that's hosted out there. Just want to pop open a window, search for the ArcGIS Online layer I want, and then have it added to my Pro map.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Andrew

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KyleBalke__GISP

Andrew,

Make sure you have a map window open (Intsert tab > New Map)...once you have a map window go to the MAP tab and select Add Data.  On the Add Data window click All Portal and then use the search box in the upper right corner to search for layers.

arcgis_pro_add_data.jpg

View solution in original post

5 Replies
KyleBalke__GISP

Andrew,

Make sure you have a map window open (Intsert tab > New Map)...once you have a map window go to the MAP tab and select Add Data.  On the Add Data window click All Portal and then use the search box in the upper right corner to search for layers.

arcgis_pro_add_data.jpg

AndrewRudin

That was it.  Thank you!

KyleBalke__GISP

Happy to help...I have to say as a program that is intended in part to interface more seamlessly with ArcGIS Online, the ability to access that data is kind of buried.

MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

It is a bit surprising that it is not as obvious as adding AGOL portal data to ArcMap.  The performance of AGOL data appears faster in Pro than in ArcMap.  Now it would be nice if SDE data was faster in Pro than in ArcMap.

RosalyneTaylor
New Contributor II

Also, it appears that there are not as many available layers as it is in desktop.