Select to view content in your preferred language

How do you configure a popup with html and list an item from a related table?

Jump to solution
05-07-2019 08:27 AM
APaulsen
Frequent Contributor

Trying to eliminate the need to click on related records in a map to view structures and attachments related to a specific transmission structure. Is this possible? If not, Esri software continues to be a PITA, if so, how?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum
0 Kudos
8 Replies
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum
0 Kudos
APaulsen
Frequent Contributor

Matt, 

I downloaded 2019 Visual Studio and do not see the ArcGIS Pro SDK under the online extensions and updates. Can this be accessed with the community version?

0 Kudos
MatthewDriscoll
MVP Alum

Yes you can use the community version, but I needs be 2015 or 2017 I believe.  

https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-pro-sdk/wiki/ProGuide-Installation-and-Upgrade

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is this ability to get information about related records going to be part of the out-of-the-box functionality of Pro, as opposed to the necessity for custom programming?

APaulsen
Frequent Contributor

That's what I want to know.  Seems like a PITA to be able to customize the popup with all data associated with that feature.  Waste of my time when I am not a programmer and want to limit clicks to display related table info.  Have not been impressed with Esri products.  Structure is all over the place, way too many apps separate from one another, and verbiage that makes location and data more complex than it should be.  

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Is your end goal to use this functionality in a web application that is built from services generated in Pro?  

0 Kudos
APaulsen
Frequent Contributor

Yeah.  We had a consultant build our GIS and used a lot of related tables, probably because our existing database was structured that way.  I don't want our guys in the field have to click on down arrows or related records to find the info they care about.  Should all be presented nice and neat in the popup.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

You can use AGOL webappbuilder where you can configure a layer in the map to access related records, so there would be only configuration and no custom programming.  The caveats to a solution such as this are the services might need to be public (cost of Named Users in AGOL) and if you are working with data that has a date involved there is a bug being able to sort the data properly using a date field.

0 Kudos