How do I make the Label at the County line be like staying the same as others or follow the line ?

09-13-2023 11:10 AM
Labels (1)
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hi,  I am working on county and I want the label  to be follow the line ; however, this is not what I wanted... Is there somebody out there that worked on them and success get them correct have a better solution or  suggest to me a better one ?

PROBERT68_0-1694628237138.png

Here is what I put the labels as a placement "Boundary Placement" ...  But the problem is the list is very limited to choose from . It would be NICE if ESRI could build more different placement such as follow the line, offset , hortizonal , vertical, etc  !

PROBERT68_2-1694628330475.png

PROBERT68_1-1694628275381.png

Can somebody out there point me to fix the problem ?  I do not want to covert them to Annotation as it is a lot of work to do.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

After I post, I did thought some of things of my solution was to :

Number One :  Copy and paste the same layer as County . Put the Second under the first layer.

Then go to Labeling and create new Defintion that you want the labels to set "is not equal to".

Fix the Labeling Placement you like 

Number Two : For the second County layer and put under the First County layer. You can then have the layer symbol set to not visible since you already have one .

Then go to Labeling and create new Defintion that you want the labels to set " is  equal to".

Fix the Labeling Placement you like 

Also,  in the Labeling Section ,  You can add if you want is to (FieldName) & " " & "County".

Yes a lot of work to put up but worth a try if you need to for a small area or a large area.

Screenshot here :

PROBERT68_0-1694638668916.png

0 Kudos