How do I make my own default text symbols

Jump to solution
03-14-2019 08:23 AM
ShaunDillon1
Occasional Contributor

Especially in Layouts, I have two basic text symbols I use for labels (both Labels drawn from a layer, Annotations and simply added Text) - they are Size 10 Bold and either black text with white halo or white text with black halo. In ArcMap I have saved these styles so they are the first things I have to choose from whenever I get a 'Symbol Selector' box.

How do I get something similar. I cant find a "save As..." anywhere when editing text symbology.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Shaun, 

You should get similar functionality in ArcGIS Pro by saving the text symbol to a style.  See Save symbols and style items in styles—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop. In particular, look for the section titles "Save a text symbol to a style". Here's another help topic that might be useful as well - Manage styles—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop

Hope this helps, 

Tom

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Shaun, 

You should get similar functionality in ArcGIS Pro by saving the text symbol to a style.  See Save symbols and style items in styles—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop. In particular, look for the section titles "Save a text symbol to a style". Here's another help topic that might be useful as well - Manage styles—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop

Hope this helps, 

Tom

0 Kudos
ShaunDillon1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Tom, exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos