How do I made the heading text size of a legend item larger than the description text?

Jump to solution
10-20-2017 08:16 AM
TimLangner
Occasional Contributor III

I have a legend and I adjusted the text size of one of the legend items. Before doing so the item heading was larger. Now I've done it, it is the same size as the description text. How do I make it larger.

I need a separate size for the description text to the heading text.

Is the only option to turn the legend into a graphic. Something I always use to do in ArcMap due to legend problems but something that in ArcMap got fixed, so that such drastic action was no longer required.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TimLangner

I found the issue. I was in properties of legend items and once in that, if you change the text size, it adjusts everything.

Once you are in properties of legend items however it is not possible to come out of it in a logical way. If you hit the back arrow, it does preciously nothing. You can to click elsewhere on the layout window and then hit clear selection button. Now select the legend and you are back on the top properties window for it.

Now go to, in my case at least, layer name and adjust the text size in there.

Intuitive it is not at times.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TimLangner

I found the issue. I was in properties of legend items and once in that, if you change the text size, it adjusts everything.

Once you are in properties of legend items however it is not possible to come out of it in a logical way. If you hit the back arrow, it does preciously nothing. You can to click elsewhere on the layout window and then hit clear selection button. Now select the legend and you are back on the top properties window for it.

Now go to, in my case at least, layer name and adjust the text size in there.

Intuitive it is not at times.

0 Kudos