Select to view content in your preferred language

How do I display the X,Y coordinate in UTM ?

Jump to solution
09-12-2017 10:29 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Have a question.  I am starting to work on PRO and I do have a question.  How can I change from dd to UTM  in the Map  tab ?  The reason I am asking is because when you have the layers from dd to UTM and wanted the caption to display label in UTM.  So you know the Layer can be display in UTM and they are in correct.  Yes, I am aware that you have to go to the layer's properties and then on the left side on source to check for the spatial reference.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Actually, I never thought that the latitudinal zone was existed until I saw your picture.  How in the world did they brought that up ?  I am talking about the latitudinal zone. 

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Pre-GPS units... everything was denoted by its 8 degree latitudinal zone (not strictly true, but good enough for now.

GPS arrived... peeps only needed to know if they were North or South of the equator.

Largely ... the end of the story

Fully supported by the fact that Latitude is Positive North of the Equator and Negative South of the equator... hence

N and S are all that are needed

During this intervening time period, the only people that know that N and S are North of the Equator were people that took GIS classes

Glad I could assist Kory in straightening this out

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Very good and very simple !

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the extent of the layer/map (in DD)? Looks like it can contain more than 1 UTM zone.

Think Location
0 Kudos