Select to view content in your preferred language

How can I edit and continuously add data from my excel sheet so that it updates in my attribute table/map?

07-03-2020 01:03 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know ArcGIS maps does not let you add more data directly to excel files on attribute tables because they are "read only's." However, I am creating a time series map that requires I continuously add data to my attribute table every day to show the continuous change. How can I do this using an excel file? If not with excel, does downloading the data as a geo-file allow you to add data in the attribute table? Only thing I know is that when you add/edit an attribute table it only allows you to add on an additional field. But what if I don't want to create an additional field, but rather add on to the data within a field?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
CarolineMaps
New Contributor

Hi Kara (or anyone), could you share more info on this so I might replicate? What the script is, how you use it? Thank you! I have an excel file that various people are updating with new event information I need to map either on ArcGIS Pro or Online, doesn't really matter. I just want the easiest system that I and others less familiar with GIS can do. I could do manual updates periodically, but if there is a way to automate it that would be ideal. The data is not perfectly clean which poses another challenge.

0 Kudos