Hello, does any has a clue about this bug in Arcgis Pro "changes in your graphics hardware detected. Close and reopen your map views to continue." I'm using NVIDIA GE 1070 Thx

09-14-2017 02:09 AM
marcalfsen
New Contributor II

Hello, does any has a clue about this bug in Arcgis Pro "changes in your graphics hardware detected. Close and reopen your map views to continue." I'm using NVIDIA GE 1070 Thx

8 Replies
Asrujit_SenGupta
MVP Regular Contributor

GPU hardware change—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Take a look at the above link. 

This message may display when your GPU drivers are updated, when your GPU fails or is reset by the driver, or when docking and undocking a laptop computer. When this occurs, ArcGIS Pro suspends rendering of the map views. You can close and reopen the map views to resume rendering.

Note:

If this error message appears frequently without your intervention, you may need to update your GPU drivers from the manufacturer's site.

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
marcalfsen
New Contributor II

Thx

But I've updated driver and set "antialiasing mode" still same bug freezing

Arcgis Pro 2.0

deleted-user-dkqjQ4ydttvN
New Contributor

I have the same issue.

ESRI, is changing the graphics card the only solution?

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

I've had this happen intermittently (2.1 and 2.2), probably 10 times over a year now, and with no changes actually having occurred, but not enough repro steps to open a case on it. 

0 Kudos
deleted-user-dkqjQ4ydttvN
New Contributor

I am having the same issue - "changes in your graphics hardware detected. Close and reopen your map views to continue." I did not change any graphics hardware.

Can ESRI technical support help address the issue? 

MarcoBoeringa
MVP Regular Contributor

marc alfsen‌, did you ever resolve this issue? And if so, what did you do to get it resolved?

I am now in a situation where ArcGIS Pro is totally unusable on my home laptop (it runs fine on my desktop). All maps and layouts are permanently stuck on the pause display and Pro reporting the "hardware graphics change" warning. Closing and re-opening the project and maps / layouts doesn't help, clicking on the "Pause" icon in the lower right of the display does nothing to resolve the issue. Upgrading to the latest NVidia driver neither helps. It has an GTX 1050 / 4GB laptop videocard.

I was already in a situation where I couldn't run Pro properly on the laptop itself (screen stuck), but could run it on an external screen connected via HDMI (screen normally usable). However, now, after upgrading to Windows 10 v2004, ArcGIS Pro on the external screen is stuck as well on a paused display.

I already contacted ESRI support here in the Netherlands before about the issue (which wasn't resolved then, and since I had other things to do, I left it at that at some point since the laptop could still be used on the external screen and I wasn't in a dire need for mobility with this home laptop).

All other software, including e.g. ArcGIS Earth, runs fine on the laptop. It is just Pro getting stuck with the map display.

Seems I will need to re-open this issue with ESRI...

0 Kudos
IanForeman
New Contributor

I am having the same issues here on a MSI Laptop 32GB RAM with a NVidia GTX 970M 6MB RAM.

I have run the ESRI compatibility program and the Laptop hardware exceeds all the hardware requirements, it also has all the correct graphic drivers for the latest DirectX 12. 

I have updated to the latest GPU drivers, cleared the cache, tried turning things off and on in the options/display tab, I have found it is slightly more stable under DirectX as opposed to OpenGL which is not surprising. Occasionally I can open a project with a map open, but as soon as I try to open the Layout it freezes. Very frustrating .....

I have sent the project to a friend who could open it fine on a desktop, so the project isnt corrupted. I note a post from Marco above also has laptop but not desktop issues. I am also running the laptop with the laptop screen disabled and connected to a External monitor using the HDMI cable.

I have also spen hours looking for ways to stop Win10 from changing how it operates. I have set power setting to Max Performance so it doesnt change processor speed and other settings, which I have read may spark this error. I have also opened the NVidia control panel and added ArcGis Pro program under manage 3D settings/program settings. This supplies a group of settings (created by NVidia) that are favoured for the ArcGIS Pro Software.

0 Kudos