Has anyone had issues accessing Living atlas and portal items in ArcPro with Windows 11

01-25-2022 07:14 AM
MichelleMount
New Contributor II

I have loaded ArcPro on a new computer with Windows 11 and I am unable to add data from the portal or living atlas.  I get the following error window.

MichelleMount_0-1643123406300.png

I also get the warning exclamation mark by the basemap in the contents pane.

I am having this issue on two new computers.  I have two help desk tickets still active.  Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Chelle

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

I'm using Windows 10 and get the same error message from the URL.  Can you tell me the layer you're attempting to add to ArcGIS Pro via the Living Atlas so I may test it further?  Thx!

0 Kudos
MichelleMount
New Contributor II

So when I try to bring open most of the esri basemaps I get this in my Contents pane.  You can see that the link to the basemap is broken, as shown in the red highlighted box.

MichelleMount_1-1643146517142.jpeg

0 Kudos
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Interesting.  Below is my ArcGIS Pro with the World Topographic Map basemap available.  Are you using ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise?  It also "may" be related to this maybe?
WorldTopographic.JPG

0 Kudos
MichelleMount
New Contributor II

I guess it could but I have a desktop where I do most of my mapping work.  I can open my arcOnline Organizational maps and edit them, add new maps, etc.  Recently I added a laptop that I use for presentation and when working with other departments to develop the maps that they need for their constituents.  Also, Community Development has received new computers and are starting to use ArcPro to make maps.  All of the new computers use Windows 11.  And on all the new computers, we can make maps inhouse using arc Pro, we can go online and create maps, but we can't access the online maps using Arc Pro.  It will not open the files.  But I can use the portal on my Windows 10 machine with no issues or problems.

I tried adding the United States ZIP Code Boundaries 2020 features service and this is what happened.

MichelleMount_0-1643147613758.jpeg

0 Kudos
MichelleMount
New Contributor II

I will add that it is slow in responding and seems to time out.  

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Is this a named user license of ArcGIS Pro?

You could then check the credit balance of your ArcGIS Online user account. This happened to me when I had a negative credit balance in my ArcGIS Online account (Check with the administrator of your AGOL organizational account, if you are not already one).

Think Location
0 Kudos
MichelleMount
New Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion.  I checked and I do not have a negative balance.  Yes it is a named user license not an enterprise license.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A few troubleshooting steps are mentioned in Troubleshooting issues adding ArcGIS Online basemaps to ArcMap - Esri BeLux. Most of the pointers should be valid for ArcGIS Pro as well.

Think Location
0 Kudos