Has anyone had any luck with creating an Address locator with Suggestions for units?

05-10-2023 09:41 AM
JuneAcosta
Occasional Contributor III

Hello Esri community,

I am trying to create an address locator with suggestions for units, suites, apartments, and so on using the ArcPro "Create Locator" tool with our site address point layer. Unfortunately, I have not been successful in getting these fields to show up in the suggestions despite trying various field mapping combinations. I have also contacted Esri support, but they have not been able to resolve the issue either.

I have attached a screenshot of the feature table and the locator parameters. If anyone has had success with creating such a locator or has any suggestions on how to solve this issue, I would greatly appreciate your input. Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@JuneAcosta What happens when you search for an address with a unit? Are you trying to get suggestions for all of the units at the address? If so, you must have a record in your feature class for the address w/o any unit info in the UnitID and UnitType fields. Review the subaddress suggest options to know which setting you want to use in the locator properties. The 9 digit zip code should be broken up into multiple fields, the 5 digit in one field and the zip4 in a separate field.

Try the following field mapping when building the locator

House Number = ADDRNUM

StreetName = STREETNAME

Suffix Type = ADDRNUMSUF

City = MUNICIPALITY

Unit = UNITID

Unit type = UNITTYPE

State = STATE

Zip = field with 5 digit zip

Zip4 = field with zip4 values

0 Kudos