Select to view content in your preferred language

Graphic Text Disappearing when I edit symbology in Map. ArcPro

11-09-2023 09:14 AM
GraceSmith1394
New Contributor

I have run into this issue many times. However, when it stops, I have no idea what happened. I can add text fine. I can change what the text says fine. It's when I start to change its symbology that the text and associated box disappear as if they never existed.

Any idea of what is happening?

I created a new project. Nothing special. When I am working on a map after I add a new graphic layer, I go to add text. When I add the text, as I type it comes up as I wanted. Once I have completed writing the text I then either click on the element properties to change the symbology or change them using the tab on the upper portion of the main window. It's what I do next that typically makes the text element disappear as if I never added it. The first time it happened to me, I was able to change the color of the text fine. It was when I went to add a halo to the text that it disappeared. I had already typed out text earlier in the day that I was able to symbolize as I needed. So, I just copied the text element, pasted it to the position I wanted, and changed what the text said.

The same thing happened on a different project a few months later. That was after I had worked on many other new and old projects using ArcGIS Pro. I resolved the issue the same way. I am once again having this issue.

However, it is happening when I go to change any portion of the symbology on the text. I have tried adding different text elements and it keeps recurring. I closed the project and reopened it, but nothing changed.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Scott_Wolfskill
New Contributor II

I have been having the same issue for quite a while now.  It basically makes graphic annotation useless when it starts occurring.  Some elements work fine, but others suddenly disappear when an attribute is changed, such as halo or color.  Often this can't be resolved and time is lost going back and converting everything to feature class annotation. 

Is there is resolution or investigation into this yet?

0 Kudos