Geolocator Not Working In ArcGIS Pro 2.4

07-01-2019 01:42 PM
AndrewSouthern
Occasional Contributor

I am having trouble using the Geocode Table function in 2.4.  I am trying to use a single field locator hosted on an ArcGIS server against a simple table of about 20 addresses.  I receive "Error: 732 -   Input Address Locator: Dataset \\gisfs04\gis\FranklinGIS\User_Workspaces\GIS\Andrew_S\Fire\arcgis on gisasv01_6080 (user)/Locators/SiteAddressPointSF.GeocodeServer does not exist or is not supported."  The table is in an .xlsx file and is fairly straight forward with address in a single field.

I have used the same locator using the same server connection with the previous version of Pro without issue.  In fact, I tested against another .xlsx file that geocoded without issue and it also gave me the same error.  

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Andrew:

Based on the path in the error message it looks like you are using an ArcGIS Server connection that was created in ArcMap. Please try creating a new ArcGIS Server connection in ArcGIS Pro 2.4 to your ArcGIS Server using the steps described in this help topic and try geocoding the table again. https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/help/projects/connect-to-a-gis-server.htm#GUID-E3F3174D-3895-4BFC-... Once you have made the connection, you can expand the server connection, right-click the locator ans select add to project. Or when in the Geocode Table pane browse to the Servers folder in the browse dialog for the input locator.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this error in ArcGIS Pro 2.2.3.

I've create a new connection to our service from scratch, added the locator to my project, and I still get an error. Any ideas Shana Britt‌? My project is local to my machine however, so not quite identical to that of OP.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

We resolved this by copying the locator to a local directory and calling it that way. Doesn't resolve the original problem, but hopefully it will help others in the future.

0 Kudos
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

Barrett:

So you used the locator locally rather than as a service? Did you create the connection to the service in ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap/Catalog? Is the service on standalone ArcGIS Server or federated portal?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Correct.

I created the connection in Pro 2.2.3.

It's on a standalone server.

0 Kudos