Feature layer in ArcGIS Pro shows no value in AREA field

07-02-2020 08:55 AM
LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

I'm wondering if anyone knows why, in ArcGIS Pro, a feature layer shows no value in the AREA field for a polygon feature when the Identify tool is used to see its attributes.  But if I add the feature layer to the ArcGIS Pro map at the map service level, as opposed to the layer level, it does show the AREA field values from Identify.  Is there some trick to be able to see the AREA field values from either case?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Taren_Esri
Esri Contributor

It is possible that you have hidden the columns you are looking for. Open the attribute table of the feature layer, click Options, Show/Hide Columns, and make sure the ones you need are checked. Otherwise, go into Configure Pop-Ups for the layer and make sure the Field you want is included. Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

The fields are there in the popup but they show zero values.  And I did confirm that the fields were checked as visible when the map service was published.  And as I posted originally, if I add the feature layer to the ArcGIS Pro map at the map service level, as opposed to the layer level, it does show the AREA field values, not zeros, from Identify (popup).

We'd like our ArcPro users to be able to take advantage of using our published map feature layers in their ArcPro projects, but if the Area and Length fields do not show the values then we can't provide this option.

Background:

ArcGIS Server 10.7.1 - Windows

ArcGIS Pro 2.5.2

0 Kudos