Failed to publish Web Layer from ArcGIS Pro to AGOL

08-31-2021 08:06 AM
AnyerlinaHernandez
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,
Recently I renewed my Pesonal Use license, and since then, I am trying to share feature layers or web maps from ArcGIS Pro to ArcGIS Online without success (Layer's service definition uploads just fine). Each time I try to I get the same error “failed to publish web layer” or “web map” (no error number, just a log file). It's definetly not a comunication issue since I can add hosted layers to Arcgis Pro, and edited, but not the other way around.

The things i've tried:

-Made sure I’m connected to my arcgis online account with my user, wich is GIS Professional Advanced.

-I've searched around, but most of the related errors are for publishing to Portal or the error just used to happen "some of the time".

I'm currently using ArcGIS PRO 2.8.

I’ve attached the log file in case anybody wants to take a look.

I’ll appreciate your help in this issue.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

@AnyerlinaHernandez , this is a basic check, but have you tried logging out of your active portal, and then logging back in again during the same Pro session and then republishing?

Quite a common bug when publishing fails, is because of an authentication issue. Re-establishing the connection might clear that

David
..Maps with no limits..
AnyerlinaHernandez
New Contributor II

Hello David, thank you for your answer. 

I  sure tried this before, but I've just tried it one more time to make sure. Tried it with another PC, with no succes.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A few things to check.

1. Available credits in your ArcGIS Online account.

2. Sign out of ArcGIS Online account from ArcGIS Pro. (As suggested by David)

3. Clear browser cache and cookies.

4. Restart ArcGIS Pro/ your system.

5. Login to your ArcGIS Online account from ArcGIS Pro.

Think Location
0 Kudos
AnyerlinaHernandez
New Contributor II

Hello Jayanta, 

I've tried every step as you suggest, and had no succes either. 

Thank you for your answer anyway!

0 Kudos
David_Brooks
MVP Regular Contributor

I'm assuming you don't have any other portals or agol accounts connected? Does the service definition upload to AGOL? If so, can you publish from that?

Otherwise, I would suggest you need to raise a ticket with esri support

David
..Maps with no limits..
0 Kudos
AnyerlinaHernandez
New Contributor II

Hi there, tried publishing SD from AGOL, and again showed "There was an error publishing this service". 

I'll create a ticket with Esri Support, thanks!

SoumyaRaju
New Contributor

Hi @AnyerlinaHernandez,

Were you able to resolve this issue? I am facing the same issue and would like to know if ESRI provided any resolution to this issue? Aapreciate your response. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos