Failed to add data, The database was not found error

Jump to solution
04-17-2023 02:32 AM
AGannett
New Contributor II

I am getting an error message when I try to import a csv table into ArcGIS Pro 3.0. 

I've tried with a few files that worked with no issues before updating to the latest software (was previously version 2.9. If I try to just add the table into my map, I get the error message:

Failed to add data, unsupported data type. 

The database was not found

If I try to geocode the addresses, all of the field drop-downs are blank, so it's not recognising the data. 

AGannett_0-1681723937811.png

These are csv files that I have already successfully used before updating to the latest software for geocoding addresses, so it cannot be a formatting of text/numbers/labels issue.  I have read the article about having the right drivers installed, but I have all of these on my computer already. 

Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the full path to the csv file?

Is it locally stored and not on a usb drive?

Can you make a table out of the csv and open it in Pro?

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What is the full path to the csv file?

Is it locally stored and not on a usb drive?

Can you make a table out of the csv and open it in Pro?

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
AGannett
New Contributor II

Thanks Dan!

I tried putting the csv in a few places on my computer to see if that would change things and it worked!! The full path had "My Documents" with a space in it, so I'm thinking that was it? It's just odd to me that it was working with the same file in the same file path on the older version. Seems like I should have had a similar problem then. 

It's a locally stored file, not on a usb drive. 

I'm a bit novice, so not sure if I'm interpreting the last question correctly, but are you thinking I should import to Pro as a table and then geocode addresses with the table in Pro table format? No need to reply now that I have this solved. Hopefully can come in handy for someone else in the future. 

Thanks again!

0 Kudos