Export XML workspace document — Only export certain rows

Jump to solution
11-06-2023 06:38 AM
Labels (1)
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 2.6.8; ArcMap 10.7.1; Oracle 18c; 10.7.1 EGDB:

I'm troubleshooting an issue with Esri Canada Support:  Esri Case #03477586 - Are these features valid? Features have SHAPE but geometry is null.

Support has asked me to share the data as XML:

...you should be able to export it as an XML workspace document (Right-click feature class in ArcMap > Export > Feature Class to XML Workspace Document). I would like to investigate this further.

Sharing via XML is appropriate in this case (instead of sharing a FGDB, etc.) because we are troubleshooting an issue where features in a polygon FC seem to be invalid — the shape is not null but the geometry is null. If I export using a GP tool or copy the FC using Catalog, then ArcGIS Pro automatically changes the data so that the geometry is no longer null (the geometry becomes Nill/zero-vertex); the geometry gets automatically fixed. That defeats the purpose of sharing the data since the issue would no longer exist in the exported data.

I'm happy to share the problem data with Support using XML. However, the FC has 35,000 features, which would be too much to share via XML. So, I only want to share a handful of features as examples of the issue: 

objectid in (56963,108539,134081,134082)

I don't see a way to filter rows using the Export XML Workspace Document tool in ArcGIS Pro.

Is there a way to only export certain rows to XML using Pro 2.6.8 or ArcMap 10.7.1?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

@ChrisUnderwood provided a solution in a related post: Idea - Apply SQL filter to data used in Export XML Workspace Document

...have you tried this using Model Builder ? You can use a SQL Expression in the Select tool, and use that as a direct input to the Export XML Workspace Document tool.

Bud_0-1701212802381.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

@ChrisUnderwood provided a solution in a related post: Idea - Apply SQL filter to data used in Export XML Workspace Document

...have you tried this using Model Builder ? You can use a SQL Expression in the Select tool, and use that as a direct input to the Export XML Workspace Document tool.

Bud_0-1701212802381.png

0 Kudos