Select to view content in your preferred language

Euclidean Distance value does not show up after doing zonal statistics as a table

a week ago
GabrielTan1
New Contributor

Hi all, I'm doing an assignment under the Fundamentals of GIS UC Davis course - Moving Valmeyer and applied the Euclidean distance tool to create a distance raster between two towns.

I intend to calculate the mean distance between the towns and will do so using zonal statistics as a table tool. However, my table shows up with empty fields. Could anyone help? I have attached a sample of my "blank" attribute table and the zonal statistics fields I had input. Thanks!Screenshot 2024-06-18 191749.pngScreenshot 2024-06-18 191707.png

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One question I have for you is why you're using the OBJECTID field as your Zone Field parameter?  In the Help Documentation, it says to use the field that contains the values that define each zone.  OBJECTID's are unique, ArcGIS created/maintained attributes for raster/vector datasets.  I would first use a different attribute field for the Zone Field parameter.  What is the output/result?

0 Kudos
GabrielTan1
New Contributor

Hi Robert, thank you for the feedback! Attached are the other attributes for the Zone Field parameter. I have tried using different attributes but the result is the same - empty attribute table. I have trouble converting the distance raster into an attribute and relating it to the "new_valmeyer" vector. Screenshot 2024-06-24 111525.png

0 Kudos