Error trying to add feature class to feature dataset

Jump to solution
03-04-2023 04:20 PM
quillaja
New Contributor III

I'm trying to create a feature dataset so I can do network analysis stuff. I have a feature class of lines for my routes. I added T_ZLEV and F_ZLEV to routes, all set to 1. This CRS is USA Contiguous Albers Equal Area Conic USGS (WKID/SRID is Esri:102039).

I also have a point feature class representing destinations on my network. These were originally entered as WGS84 coordinates, but I created a new version in the above CRS using the Project tool.

When I try to copy the destinations point feature class to the feature dataset, I get the following error. The message is clear, but why is this happened? The CRSs match.

quillaja_0-1677975187859.png

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
quillaja
New Contributor III

I got it to work by creating a new file geodatabase, creating a new feature dataset with the CRS, then importing my routes and destinations. It would still be nice to know why it didn't work, but many things are unknowable.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
quillaja
New Contributor III

I got it to work by creating a new file geodatabase, creating a new feature dataset with the CRS, then importing my routes and destinations. It would still be nice to know why it didn't work, but many things are unknowable.

0 Kudos