Elevation properties of an entire BIM Workspace is greyed out

Jump to solution
05-06-2021 05:53 AM
Labels (1)
UmbertoCarenzo
New Contributor II

Good morning. I'm having an issue on correctly relating a BIM model, which was referred to internal GIS data to the basemap, in order to display it properly. With the command Elevate to ground the BIM model correctly displays on the top of the basemap, but with the fact that i have an underground floor i'm trying to give a negative offset to that so it display properly only the outer floors. I realized that i can modify the offset of the single feature classes inside the BIM model, but this would be a long process, is there a way to modify the elevation of the entire BIM workspace at once, due to the fact that right now that option is greyed out? 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
UmbertoCarenzo
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response. 

I already tried to use and move the anchor point that shows when i hit the Move button on the Georeference tool, but it seems like this anchor point gives you the possibility to move up and down manually the building; what i mean is that i can not anchor the anchor point, for example, to the wall on the ground floor.

Am i right or there is a way to correctly associate the anchor point to some points or elements?

Thanks in advance

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello Umberto, 

You don't need to do any offset. What you need to do is move the anchor point to the first floor\ground level and after that use the Elevate to ground or use the green arrow up and down to tweak the model until you match the ground at the correct level with the move command active.

This is a good blog that walk you through the georeference process. 

David

0 Kudos
UmbertoCarenzo
New Contributor II

Thank you for your response. 

I already tried to use and move the anchor point that shows when i hit the Move button on the Georeference tool, but it seems like this anchor point gives you the possibility to move up and down manually the building; what i mean is that i can not anchor the anchor point, for example, to the wall on the ground floor.

Am i right or there is a way to correctly associate the anchor point to some points or elements?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Did you try step 3 of the blog ?

With the move tool active, you can relocate the anchor point by pressing and holding the Ctrl key.  The icon changes to an orange cone, which you can reposition anywhere on the structure. 
The anchor point can help me position more precisely by snapping to any other reference layers I’ve included in my scene such as ground control points or the corners of known buildings.

0 Kudos
UmbertoCarenzo
New Contributor II

My apologies, i realised just now that i had not the snap options activated in my project. It worked perfectly, i don't know how to thank you for your precious help!

Umberto

0 Kudos
UmbertoCarenzo
New Contributor II

The architectural model worked really well, but now i am encountering an issue on geolocating the structural, electrical and mechanical model. I'm using on all 4 of them the application of the anchoring points on the base project point because it was never touched, but when i select the entire structural model, as you can see from the log in the upper part of screen it is geolocating only the exterior shell, while in the electric and mechanical model it does the same but geolocates only the location points! Do you have any idea on why there is this issue?

0 Kudos
DA_BIM-GIS
Esri Contributor

Hello, 

I am making the assumption that the other three models (structural, electrical and mechanical) are link to the architectural model from the Revit perspective.  

For that case  Open Windows File explorer and just copy\paste (.PRJ and .WLD3) from the Architectural model and rename it to match the file name of each of the other 3 models.  This way you don't have to georeference the other 3 BIM models. 

David

0 Kudos