Select to view content in your preferred language

Do your ArcGIS Pro panes appear in the wrong location when using Remote Desktop?

03-21-2024 09:41 AM
Labels (1)
DavidWheelock2
Occasional Contributor II

Have you seen this problem?  If so, please KUDO this question to help get ESRI's attention.

INTRO:  A problem has started for me with ArcGIS Pro in Remote Desktop where the panes appear in the wrong location when you select a tab to open them.  This happens for me on only one PC.  Remote desktop to other PC's work normally.  I have already worked with ESRI Tech Support and they said that because it's only one user login on one PC that there's nothing they will do. 

DESCRIPTION =====================================================

Normally, when you select a tab to open a minimized pane, the pane will pop out with the upper right corner aligned with the upper right corner of the ArcGIS Pro canvas.

NORMAL:  Here, when I select the Catalog tab, the Catalog pane pops out in the correct location.

DavidWheelock2_2-1711037460502.png

PROBLEM
:  Using Remote Desktop to access the PC with ArcGIS Pro, when I click on the Catalog tab, the Catalog Pane pops out down and to the right of the normal location.  Sometimes, it can be far enough away that it is outside of the screen and can't be seen.

DavidWheelock2_1-1711036144631.png

I'm currently using ArcGIS Pro version 3.2.2.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

One thing you could try on the single remote desktop that's experiencing this is a soft reset of the application.  You can find the detailed steps here to accomplish this.  Once the soft reset is complete, does it still move the Catalong Pane down and to the right?

0 Kudos
DavidWheelock2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @Robert_LeClair.  I've already been through all of that with ESRI Tech Support. 

We did a reinstall and reset the user settings.  You'd think that would fix it since it's profile specific ... but no.  

You can review the transcript of what we've been through, here.
https://my.esri.com/#/support/cases/tech-cases?caseNumber=03497059

That's where we're at.  🤔

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Thank you for the update David - this is a strange situation certainly.  Hopefully the tech support analysts can figure it out.

0 Kudos