Select to view content in your preferred language

“Diagram properties” for models created in ArcGIS Pro,

Jump to solution
09-13-2015 01:02 AM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

“Diagram properties” for models created in ArcGIS Pro,

I couldn’t figure out how to set the “Diagram properties” for models created in ArcGIS Pro,

Clip_516.jpg

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
24 Replies
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Dan,

I have already liked all answers provided.

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

I will mark it assumed answered then

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

In my BETA copy of Pro 2.1, you can add a vertex to a connector line and reshape the view of the model.  Or select the input data and move it an offset location - Pro will add the "jog" for you.  Further, you can position your Input Data-GP tools-intermediate data in any orientation you wish.  Then select all the graphics and click the Lock Element button on the View Group of the ModelBuilder tab.  Then when you click Auto Layout, it doesn't reorient left to right at all.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Robert for the input.

I applied the “lock element” and “auto layout” technique and it appears that it doesn’t form neither a solution not a workaround. It is not a replacement for the features\tools that are available in ArcMap.

Jamal Numan
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Granted, not a replacement for existing functionality.  Hopeful this behavior gets added to the next release of Pro.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

This appears not to be fixed even in 2.3. Tt would be nice if all functionalities\behavior that are used to be in ArcMap to be incorporated in the 2.3

Jamal Numan
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Jamal - a lot of the ArcMap Diagram Properties->Layout are in the ModelBuilder Diagram contextual tab.  Perhaps not 100% equivalency but pretty close.  I know the AGP Developers are working hard in each release to get various components of ArcMap equivalency into the AGP application.  I can honestly say that not all ArcMap functionality will be in AGP - for example, the Coverage toolbox.  ArcInfo coverages as well as Personal Geodatabases are not supported in AGP, so there will not be 100% equivalency between ArcMap and AGP.  But very close.  What component of the current AGP 2.3 items are missing that you'd like to see?  Please advise.

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

For this particular issue, all what I need is to have “top to bottom” option for the orientation in the layout under the diagram properties (screenshot below)

Jamal Numan
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Ah - okay - yes, you can do that with AGP 2.3.  In my before picture is a model with the default view of left to right.  In the ModelBuilder-Diagram contextual tab upper right of the ribbon (blue), I click on the Flip Orientation in the Orientation Group.  The result is my second picture.  Top to bottom!

LeftToRight

Top2Bottom

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks for the help. This is great

Jamal Numan