Delete a symbol layer from favorites (Pro)

Jump to solution
01-07-2019 12:05 PM
Aaron_G_Jones
New Contributor II

Hi all.  I'm trying to delete a symbol from my favorites in ArcGIS Pro.  I've attached several jpegs of the 'valve' symbol that I want to delete.  It's really simple to add one to your styles, but not so easy to remove.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

Link to ArcGIS Pro help on how to remove the symbol.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work for me.

Symbol structure—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

The way to delete a point symbol from your Favorites is go to the View core tab->Catalog View and then select Favorites from the Styles folder in the Catalog Pane.  The Home tab for the Catalog View can be adjusted to only show point symbols (by default it is).  Select the point to delete, right-click and select Delete.  Gone - poof!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Be aware that you may be prevented from deleting layers if the deletion will violate the minimum core symbol layers. A point symbol must contain at least one marker symbol layer. A line symbol must contain at least one stroke symbol layer, and a polygon symbol must contain at least one layer of any type.

Which almost makes it sound like you can't delete a point symbol unless you have more than one to delete.... strange

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

The way to delete a point symbol from your Favorites is go to the View core tab->Catalog View and then select Favorites from the Styles folder in the Catalog Pane.  The Home tab for the Catalog View can be adjusted to only show point symbols (by default it is).  Select the point to delete, right-click and select Delete.  Gone - poof!

Aaron_G_Jones
New Contributor II

Thanks a bunch.  

Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

You're welcome Aaron - were you able to delete the point symbol from your Favorites?  If so and is the appropriate answer, you can mark the response as Resolved/Correct to close out the thread.  Cheers!

Aaron_G_Jones
New Contributor II

Sure was, thanks.

0 Kudos
kathyhardinwalker
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Robert! 

DanielleRose
New Contributor

Super helpful Robert, thanks!

0 Kudos