Customizing symbology headings and legend units?

10-05-2017 05:58 PM
WillConley
New Contributor

I'm trying to learn ArcGIS Pro. I want to like it.  I do like having multiple layouts. However, having to to hunt for some things that were super easy and fast to change previously is maddening.

For example, legends how/where the heck do I change settings to change the default raster heading "Value" to "Elevation" (could just double click on feature class heading in the TOC in ArcGIS) and "Meters" to "m" for the scale bar (scale bar properties in ArcGIS).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Will

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For Scalebar, you could change the Label in Scalebar properties. Scale bars—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop 

You can modify a scale bar's properties and appearance using contextual tabs on the ribbon and the Format Scale Barpane. The following properties are available for scale bars and can be found on the Design contextual tab.

In the Units group, you'll find controls to change the units the scale bar uses as well as how they are displayed. Units sets the units the scale bar will use, Label Position sets the position of the units label relative to the scale bar, and Label controls how the unit value is displayed.

For changing the heading in Legend, you could convert the legend to graphics> Ungroup, and then change the heading. Work with a legend item—Layouts | ArcGIS Desktop 

BTW, What version of ArcGIS Pro are you working on?

Think Location
0 Kudos