Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom symbols cut off when trying to vary size by attribute

Jump to solution
07-25-2019 08:14 AM
LowellAyers2
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

In ArcGIS Pro I have been trying to utilize the Vary symbology by attribute functionality to drive the size of my symbols from an attribute field. This works great as far as I can tell when it comes to symbols from the Esri style files. However, I have generated some custom symbols in my own library (via importing SVG files) and they are getting cut off when I vary their size via attribute (yet their size can be adjusted without issue when I do it manually/without attribute driven symbol size).

Example below where the stop signs and playground signs are driven by attribute with a value of 25 pts. You can see the playground signs, which are custom graphic symbols, are getting cut off. The stop signs are from the Transportation style file.

As I set the table values to 80 pts, you can see the stop signs scale properly, while the playground signs get further cut off:

Note that the 30km speed limit symbol layer was added to my custom symbol but it was added from the Transportation style set, which explains its problem-free scaling as shown.

I have tried manipulating a few options within the symbology layers pane, such as the check boxes for "scale proportionally" to no avail.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the issue and knows of a way around it or if this is an indefinite limitation of being able to bring in one's own custom symbols to style libraries.

Thank you for reading.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LowellAyers2
Emerging Contributor

Hello all,

After further experimentation, I have discovered that importing custom symbols into Pro as vector EMF files (rather than SVG) solves this problem when it comes to attribute driven symbol size.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
LowellAyers2
Emerging Contributor

Hello all,

After further experimentation, I have discovered that importing custom symbols into Pro as vector EMF files (rather than SVG) solves this problem when it comes to attribute driven symbol size.

0 Kudos