Select to view content in your preferred language

Custom Piechart Symbology in ArcGIS Pro

Jump to solution
01-03-2021 09:01 PM
Labels (1)
MuhammadAli2
New Contributor

I am using ArcGIS Pro to draw Pie chart from two columns. Actual Budget vs Planned Budget It is working like normal pie chart that is if we have 60 in actual budget and 100 in planned budget. It will calculate percentage of actual budget with the sum of actual budget and planned budget. This percentage will be depicted in Pie chart. so in this example it will be 60/(100+60) = 37.5% This is the normal working of pie chart even if we draw it in excel. What i want is instead of creating a chart like this i want to show actual budget percentage with respect to Planned Budget. So in the above example instead of getting 37.5% i want to get 60/100 = 60%. And i want my pie chart in ArcGIS Pro symbology to show me 60% area covered.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Muhammad - in my example below, I have three fields, ActualBudget, RemainingBudget and Total Budget.  For your example of 60 for Actual Budget and 100 for Total Budget, what I did was a simple field calculation of TotalBudget-ActualBudget = RemainingBudget.  Then I applied the Pie Chart symbology using ActualBudget and RemainingBudget as the Fields to symbolize.  I tested with other numbers and I believe the Pie Chart symbolizes correctly for the percentages.  Next thing would be to get a label for each pie wedge.
PieChart.JPG

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Robert_LeClair
Esri Notable Contributor

Muhammad - in my example below, I have three fields, ActualBudget, RemainingBudget and Total Budget.  For your example of 60 for Actual Budget and 100 for Total Budget, what I did was a simple field calculation of TotalBudget-ActualBudget = RemainingBudget.  Then I applied the Pie Chart symbology using ActualBudget and RemainingBudget as the Fields to symbolize.  I tested with other numbers and I believe the Pie Chart symbolizes correctly for the percentages.  Next thing would be to get a label for each pie wedge.
PieChart.JPG