Custom Layout Templates

Jump to solution
10-10-2014 08:18 AM
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

Is there no option to use Custom Layout Templates in ArcGIS Pro?  We have put a lot of time into designing custom MXD templates and it seems that they are not accessible in ArcGIS Pro.

CustomLayout.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Exciting news everyone and Joe Flannery‌ - 

This functionality was just released in the latest version of ArcGIS Pro 2.5 

Customize your layout gallery (ArcGIS Pro 2.5) 

View solution in original post

13 Replies
DavidWatkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Joe,

The experience for starting with a layout template is still coming. It is scheduled to be in for the final release. The experience will be similar to how you have used map documents as templates in the past, only with Pro you will share a layout as a page layout file (.pagx). You will be able to use these files as a starting point in a new project or open and add them as new layouts to existing projects.

Thanks,
David 

JoeFlannery

David:

Thank you for the good news.

We look forward to learning ArcGIS Pro.

0 Kudos
WarrenMedernach

So it appears that we cannot even copy/paste layout content from a current mxd map?  Or am I missing something?

Warren

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery

Warren:

In ArcGIS Pro, click on the Insert tab then choose the Import Map option.  This will allow you to import an MXD and get your custom map layout from ArcMap into Pro.

WarrenMedernach

Ah ha!  I knew I had to be missing something simple.

Thanks Joe!

Warren

0 Kudos
Amanda__Huber
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi David Watkins

Is this drop down list customizable yet in Pro 2.2? We have custom organization wide templates that we would like to appear in this dropdown menu. 

Thanks, 

Amanda

0 Kudos
TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Amanda, 

I work on the Layout Team with David. Unfortunately, you will not be able to customize the New Layout drop-down gallery at version 2.2. We're hoping that we can not only enhance this gallery, but also improve the template story in the near future, probably sometime in 2019.

Tom

MarlboroughDistrict_Council
Occasional Contributor

Hi Tom

Any update on if this is likely to happen anytime soon?

Thanks

TomBole
Esri Regular Contributor

We have worked on improving the quality of Layout file (.pagx) functionality for 2.4. For example, 2.4 will have the ability to reset the source table for a Table Frame. Unfortunately, the ability to customize the insert layout gallery is something we did not have time for at 2.4. We hope to get to in the near future.

Tom