Curvature Tool in ArcGIS Pro not working

12-27-2018 06:53 AM
DakotaHamilton
New Contributor

I am working with a 16 Bit DEM that I received projected in NAD83 UTM 17N (which is appropriate and what I like to work with) with vertical units of 1m and a range of 64-1482m . Whenever I run the spatial analyst tool -> Curvature  the returned outputs with value ranges of +/- 3.40282e+38. Further, there is no attribute table for the layers, nothing is rendered, and statistics cannot be computed. I have no problems running the same process in QGIS.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

floating point rasters don't have tables

the scale values suggest you are relying on the symbology to assess the value ranges, which seems to be stretched

details of parameters in the tool might help

DakotaHamilton
New Contributor

Ah I see now that the outputs are in floating point. The value ranges I provided are from the metadata for the layers. The symbology does not matter because regardless of what method you choose it finds no data to symbolize.

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The raster extent and cell size would be useful information.  Since curvature uses cell size in its calculation, errors there could easily account for your value ranges.  Perhaps the coordinate system is not as reported.

0 Kudos
DakotaHamilton
New Contributor

Cell size is 1m x 1m. I cannot share the extent but it is true to the ground extent and the units are meters. The coordinate system is true to the ground.

0 Kudos