Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating “toolbox” in the ArcGIS Pro by right clicking the folder,

Jump to solution
09-12-2015 01:42 PM
JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Creating “toolbox” in the ArcGIS Pro by right clicking the folder,

I couldn’t figure out why one can’t create “toolbox” in the ArcGIS Pro by right clicking the folder (and then choosing “new toolbox” from context menu) the same way we do in the ArcGIS Desktop.

However, one can choose the target folder to save the toolbox by using insert>toolbox>new toolbox

Clip_613.jpg

Clip_614.jpg

Clip_615.jpg

Clip_616.jpg

Thank you

Best

Jamal

----------------------------------------
Jamal Numan
Geomolg Geoportal for Spatial Information
Ramallah, West Bank, Palestine
Tags (1)
14 Replies
JenniferMcCall4
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jamal,

What version of Pro are you on?  I'm on Pro 1.1.0 and that functionality is there.  Maybe you require an upgrade or a fresh install of Pro.

Capture.JPG

Cheers,

Jennifer

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Jennifer.

Are we missing now (in ArcGIS Pro 1.1.0) all other elements that are used to be created by right clicking the folder in ArcGIS Desktop?

Clip_642.jpg

Clip_643.jpg

Clip_644.jpg

Jamal Numan
JenniferMcCall4
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Jamal,

I assume most, if not all, of the functionality from that list is built within Pro.  How to access the functionality has probably changed in Pro a bit since it's a new application.  For instance, adding a File Geodatabase from the Project Pane is done by right-clicking the Databases folder now and choosing the location (and of course there is the option to add one from the Insert menu as well).

I'm taking a guess, but I assume this was changed because it stores the connection to that file geodatabase in the Databases folder for easy access, and also to organize the connections for the project.  After working with ArcMap for so long, it can take some time to become adjusted to the changes, but it does make working with "projects" much easier.

David
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

It's actually rather simple.

To create a new toolbox, right-click on "Toolboxes".

Toolbox.png

If you want to create a new geodatabase, right-click on "Databases".

Database.PNG

JamalNUMAN
Legendary Contributor

Many thanks guys for the help,

It does better make sense if we just right click and find all the functionalities.

Jamal Numan