Jump to solution
04-15-2023 07:43 PM
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1

Steps:

1. Open ArcGIS Pro.
  2. In Windows Explorer, create a new folder.
  3. In ArcGIS Pro/Catalog, add the new folder as a favorite. Add the favorite to the project.
  4. In the Projects tab, navigate to the new folder.
  5. Right-click the new folder —> Create a new mobile geodatabase. Wait for it to process/load.
  6. The new geodatabase has been created.
  7. Problem: Catalog expands multiple project folders/paths that lead to the new geodatabase.
    That's not expected. I expected the folder that was expanded to remain expanded. But I didn't expect a different folder (leading to the GDB) to expand as well.

Video:

Why do multiple folders expand when creating a new mobile geodatabase in a new folder? The files aren't stored in a cloud drive; they're stored in a folder directly on my C drive.

Workaround: The problem doesn't happen if I close ArcGIS Pro, reopen it, and create a new geodatabase in the existing folder.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Esri Case #03318381 - ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1 - Creating a new geodatabase in a new folder — Catalog expands multiple folders

BUG-000157728 - Creating a new geodatabase in a favorite folder causes Catalog to expands multiple folders

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Bud
by
Honored Contributor

Esri Case #03318381 - ArcGIS Pro 3.1.1 - Creating a new geodatabase in a new folder — Catalog expands multiple folders

BUG-000157728 - Creating a new geodatabase in a favorite folder causes Catalog to expands multiple folders

0 Kudos