Create New Point Feature from Non-Spatial Table related to a field within a Polygon

Jump to solution
01-26-2023 08:55 AM
WalterFeurer
New Contributor III

I have completed this work task before but cannot remember the method used.  I am using ArcPro 3.0.3 and have a non-spatial standalone .csv file.  I would like to convert the file into a new point feature layer based on the center point of an existing polygon feature.  Both share a similar Field.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Use Feature to Point to get a point feature class with the centroids of your polygons.

Drag the csv into your map (or use Table to Table to convert it into a gdb tale)

Use Add Join or Join Field to join the table to the points. If you used Add Join, export the layer into a new feature class to make the join permanent.

Have a great day!
Johannes

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JohannesLindner
MVP Frequent Contributor

Use Feature to Point to get a point feature class with the centroids of your polygons.

Drag the csv into your map (or use Table to Table to convert it into a gdb tale)

Use Add Join or Join Field to join the table to the points. If you used Add Join, export the layer into a new feature class to make the join permanent.

Have a great day!
Johannes
WalterFeurer
New Contributor III

Thank you so much for taking the time to help.  Works as expected now.

0 Kudos