Select to view content in your preferred language

Create multiple features at the same time

07-24-2023 10:10 AM
LoganBrust
New Contributor II

Good afternoon all,

Is there a way to create multiple features (line or point) at the same time? For example, I have multiple points on my map that I want to connect to a single point feature. Rather than repeatedly creating 20+ line features, I want to queue them all at once and create them in "bulk" a single time. If anybody knows of an ArcPro feature or tool relating to this behavior, it would be a lifesaver. 

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
5 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

What is your 'source' for these points and lines?

maybe XY to Line or Add XY coordinates?

R_

0 Kudos
LoganBrust
New Contributor II

Hi Rhett, thanks for the response! To give some background, it's for a client that provides address points and I'm using a provided fiber cable line feature to connect the address points to their grounding locations. The difficulty is that I can't create new feature layers, and the lines and points have to be snapped to each other. I know it's possible to create multiple features at once because I can use group templates for other needs, but that's only helpful for multiple creations along one line. Not multiple feature creations at once in different locations.

Any insight?

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Still not quite sure what you are attempting, but sounds like you already have the address points and fiber lines, but need them snapped to each other?  Perhaps the Snap GP tool can be of some help?

If you already have the points and lines, what are the multiple features you are trying to create?

Also, suggest a backup copy of the existing before you try anything, though you say you can't create new feature layers?

R_

0 Kudos
LoganBrust
New Contributor II

Not quite, I'm sorry that I can't use any screenshots to show what I'm talking about. The address points are already placed. I have to do the fiber lines myself, using them to connect the addresses to a specific point. The "multiple line features" I am trying to create are multiple fiber lines.  Imagine satellite image of a town with every home marked with an address point feature. Say all of these address points had to be connected via a line feature to one "master point" in the middle of town. Rather than clicking on a single address with one end of the line, clicking on the "master point" with the other end and hitting create, I want to be able to click the address, click the "master point" and NOT create that line yet. Instead, I want to queue separate lines up and finally click create so it is one loading period rather than a many smaller loading periods for each individual line creation. I hope this clears things up? If not, I still really do appreciate the help!

0 Kudos
LukeBohling
New Contributor

Hi, Logan. I have been looking for the exact same work around. I work in telecom doing FTTx. Have you found a solution?

0 Kudos