Create address locator

Jump to solution
05-24-2021 01:27 PM
GuillermoMartinez-Espinosa
New Contributor

Hello everybody, I am trying  to do tutorial 8-1 for my GIS class and it requires Creating an address locator. When i go to the tools to look for it, the tool does not show up. How can i fix this?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As mentioned by Joe, "Create Address Locator" has now been replaced by "Create Locator" Geoprocessing tool. The look and feel is also a bit different.

Please check this post to get an idea AGP v 2.8, Locator tool: which values for mandatory fields? 

Think Location

View solution in original post

7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your question and welcome to the Community. Are you able to provide more information on what course you are taking where this tutorial exists and also what Esri product you are using? We can then help you find the right place for your question. 

0 Kudos
New Contributor

Hi, im taking an intro to GIS course and we are using the GIS tutorial 1 For ARCGIS PRO book, where using arcgis pro and the tutorials were downloaded from the esripress website, Esri Press Book Resources | GIS Tutorial 1 for ArcGIS Pro: A Platform Workbook, first edition and i have the latest version of arcgis pro

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

@GuillermoMartinez-Espinosa ; how are you searching for the tool?  You should be able to click first on the Analysis Tab, then select Tools and then search in the Geoprocessing Pane for Create Locator:

JoeBorgione_0-1621889368811.png

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos
New Contributor

@JoeBorgione  Yes I see that one, but the way its shown in the book is different, it shows a create address locator tool like in the picture i shared which is what im looking for.  

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

As mentioned by Joe, "Create Address Locator" has now been replaced by "Create Locator" Geoprocessing tool. The look and feel is also a bit different.

Please check this post to get an idea AGP v 2.8, Locator tool: which values for mandatory fields? 

Think Location
New Contributor

@JoeBorgione @JayantaPoddar  thank you for the help

0 Kudos
JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I apologize for not explaining what @JayantaPoddar did.  Create Address Locator was deprecated at ArcGIS Pro version 2.6.  It did have it's glory days: I dispatched countless 9-1-1 calls for years using the old style locators.  However, the new style locators have gained a solid maturity level and truth be told, I don't miss the old ones at all...

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos