Select to view content in your preferred language

Create a Composite or Address Locator in Pro 3.0 without suggestions?

02-09-2023 08:16 AM
KeithJ
by
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am looking for a way to build a composite locator in 3.0.3 without suggestions. I know suggestions can be turned off in the properties after build in the 'Locate' tool, but I am looking for a way to build the locator without suggestions:

KeithJ_0-1675958751101.png

I use this locator in a model and I am not aware of any way to turn off suggestions when the model runs, which sometimes causes differing results (matches town and/or street, I need the locator to match both or fall out).  

If anyone is aware of how to build the locator without suggestions, or turn them off permanently in the properties, please let me know!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ShanaBritt
Esri Regular Contributor

@KeithJ Any locator created with the Create Locator tool or Create Feature Locator tool support suggestions by default and cannot be disabled. Auto-complete suggestion functionality is not available in ArcGIS Pro outside of the Locate pane. The ArcPy Geocoding Module has geocoding methods such as suggest, does your model use a script that includes methods from the Geocoding Module? 

Please elaborate on the following statement regarding the match results returned by the composite used in the model and how it relates to the suggestions returned in the Locate pane. 

"I use this locator in a model and I am not aware of any way to turn off suggestions when the model runs, which sometimes causes differing results (matches town and/or street, I need the locator to match both or fall out). "

Which result order are you using in the composite locator?

Are you not able to build a multirole locator and get the results you are looking for?

- https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/3.1/help/data/geocoding/tutorial-create-a-multirole-locator.htm

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/data/geocoding/combine-multiple-layers-into-a-single-l...

-Shana

0 Kudos